Being able to write effective, persuasive, and lucid essays is a vital skill that we all need, irrespective of the subject we study. Whether you’re thinking of applying for medicine, law, engineering, English, or any other subject, at some point in your academic career you will need to write extended pieces of writing to persuade or inform a tutor, and you will be expected to write to a high standard.
This course will guide you through the whole essay-writing process from analysis of the question through to writing an effective conclusion. It will teach you how to advance your argument effectively by employing certain linguistic techniques, how to plan efficiently, and how to use paragraphs to structure your essay successfully. By following the tactics and techniques taught in this course, you will be able to write a coherent and convincing essay. The course is aimed at speakers of foreign languages, but may also be a useful tool for English speakers looking to hone their essay writing skills.
Quizzes and Exams
Why Take This Course?
This course is ideal preparation for students looking to hone their English skills ready for university study.
Aims and Objectives
- To learn how to tackle an essay question
- To understand the methods involved in planning an essay
- To learn techniques to make your essay convincing
- To develop English writing skills to turn your essay into a coherent whole
Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Understand different types of essay question
- Effectively answer the question
- Use grammatical techniques to make an essay coherent and convincing